Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Brayden!

Thanks to all of our family, Brayden had a wonderful birthday! He is 2 now! He loves trucks, cars, airplanes, helicopters, fire engines, motorcycles, and most of all trains. I guess you could say, he is quite a little boy. We had a great time opening presents and eating cake.

His biggest gift was a train set. Ironically enough, he found it under our bed a week before his birthday and managed to open the box, remove all the tissue paper padding, and put together the train part of the set. He yelled, "Mommy, look a train!" I went in pretty surprised to see him and told him that we needed to put it back for his birthday. He wasn't too happy, but then finally agreed. He remembered that I told him it was for his birthday because every present he opened, he asked if it was the train. Each time, he would look at the present and throw it aside to open another one trying to find it. I thought it was cute how determined he was and how he had remembered from the week before that he would be getting a train for his birthday!





Thank you Miller family in Utah! He loved all the things you sent him! He tries to carry around all his new toys with him in whatever room he decides to play in everyday. I finally gave him a laundry basket to put everything in and carry around.





I made him his cake again this year. I thought he would like a train and he did!






This was his Birthday face! He was pretty serious the whole evening. I couldn't get him to smile at me for a good picture. I think he was so busy trying to open everything that he just wasn't interested in pictures! Notice the bruise... Gotta love that about little boys!



Brayden has been talking up a storm lately. He and Katelyn have been playing and getting along so much better now that he can communicate really well with her. They are so cute together! It is fun to just here them talking and playing with each other without them knowing that I am watching them. So Katelyn got a present too! Thank you Grandma Nancy! Katelyn's little thing lately is playing dress up. She loves to change outfits like three times a day. Looks like she decided to wear the Cinderella dress for Brayden's Birthday.



All the girl cousins got some comfortable foam pads to put on the hammock where they all hung out for the evening.

4 comments:

Rusty and Tara said...

Awww..he's so cute! Where did you get your train set? Josh is turning 2 next month and I bet that is something he would really like.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday! His cake is adorable!

Smack said...

Oh my gosh Rach, Brayden is looking so much like Sean and like such a little man! Haha. And Katelyn is a little model! She is so photogenic.. I miss them so much! Give them a hug for me!

ToddNSass said...

I asked Evan who the little girl is in the pictures and he said "That's my princess!" How cute huh? We miss you guys so much! I can't believe he's two already! Awesome job on the cake by the way!