Monday, January 19, 2009

New Beds

I guess I have been working on kind of a big project. Katelyn and Brayden both have bigger beds now. Katelyn is in a twin bed and Brayden has her old toddler bed now. Katelyn adjusted just fine to hers and my mother had already given me a quilt for it. I just had to make a dust ruffle to match. Here she is in her favorite pajamas this morning.





I searched for something cute to go in Brayden's room and just decided to make everything myself. So far I have made him some soft flannel sheets with his favorite "Cars" print to help warm him up to the idea. He had a hard time sleeping in it at first, but now he likes it.




My project now is decorating the room with a "Transportation" theme with all the things he likes, cars, dump trucks, boats, planes, and trains. The only thing I have had time to finish is the window treatment so far, but here are the colors and designs to give you a sneak preview of his room when it is all done. I'm having fun with it although it is a lot of work cutting out each individual section and then cutting an iron on sticky paper and then stitching a zigzag over every detail. I think he will really like it when it is all done though.

0 comments: