Monday, January 19, 2009

Beginning a new year...

Hope everyone is having a great 2009 so far. We have not been very busy at all which has been kind of nice. The kids and I have been trying to find things to do indoors because it is so cold outside still. Katelyn and Brayden really enjoy art work. Brayden wakes up every morning and says, "Mom can I play play dough?" He has also discovered the joys of Elmer's glue! One of their Christmas presents I made were aprons for them to wear while they do their artwork. I thought I would share these pictures of them...






Katelyn is still attending preschool twice a week. It is so neat all of the things she has learned from memory. She knows the pledge of allegiance, days of the week, months of the year, and tons of songs. She does very well remembering words to music. She has also memorized almost the entire chapter of Psalms 23. She came home reciting it one day and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I'm really glad she is able to attend this Christian school here. She is having a lot of fun with it. They had spirit week last week for basketball and she had fun dressing up for the different days. She was an Indian for "blast from the past" and Cinderella for "your favorite disney character." I don't have those pictures, but her teacher took some. Her favorite thing to do at grandma's is dress up with her cousins. They go through a huge box of wigs and dress up clothes and make up every time we go over there. Don't ask me what they are wearing in these pictures, but they have a lot of fun doing it.



2 comments:

Jess said...

Your bedding looks great. You are so ambitious! I had the ambition for Tessa's bedding, but unfortunately baby #2's bedding is coming from the store. I wish I had the drive to sew like you! The kids look darling!

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Brayden looks like Sean more than ever! They are so cute! You are Martha Stewart. I have only sewed one thing (maybe2) in my life and I think I will keep it that way. I just don't have the patience it takes. their rooms are so cute-