Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy 28th Birthday Sean

So we decided to adventure out and make a fun birthday/Valentine's weekend for the both of us. We got brave and left our two beautiful children overnight with Grandma and Grandpa and we headed off to St. Louis for the weekend. This was our first time ever staying the night away from the both of them at the same time. I'd have to say, "I wish I had done this sooner!" It was so fun! I love my children and I love being a mother, rocking them to sleep, wiping the peanut butter from their cheeks, and reading them books from the library, but there is just something wonderful about going on a trip and not having to turn around every second, answering those "why" questions, ordering their chicken nuggets as fast as we can, and trying to get them to calm down before bed in a hotel. It was so nice to just focus on my sweetheart and give him a great birthday weekend. We had a great time visiting and spending time shopping, eating out, going to the temple, and then to a science museum.

Of course our first stop upon arrival was the Apple Store. Sean would love to get the Iphone, but our contract is not up for a while unfortunately. So we got the next best thing: An ipod touch



We went to the cheesecake factory for his birthday dinner and then we did a little shopping. We went back to the hotel for some swimming and relaxation.





The next day we got up at six to spend time in the exercise room and then we got ready for a session at the temple. Then we headed to a science museum with lots of things that Sean enjoys. His highlight of the day was riding on a Segway. It was $5 for 5 minutes, but well worth it. They weren't that busy so they gave Sean more time than that and then they convinced me to ride one too. I felt I was getting the hang of it until I ran into the wall. Hahaha. I think I was just day dreaming or something like that. It was pretty funny. To me, it was a lot harder than it looked! Trust me!




3 comments:

Brennon and Lindsey said...

Happy Bithday Sean! we love your guts! sounds like you had a great time out together. Gotta love those weekends! hope all is well...Can't believe Sean is 28! That is awesome.

Lori said...

Happy late Birthday Sean! We miss you guys. Looks like you are happy and doing great. 28???? Dang, you're still young! =) We love you guys. Give the kids a hug.

Jeff Miller said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Jeff and I did the same thing a few weeks ago and left Tessa for the FIRST time while going to Vegas. I did not go as crazy without her as I thought. It is nice to have some alone time every now and then.