Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday Katelyn

February is a busy month for our family. Katelyn turned 4 this passed Saturday and we had a great time celebrating her birthday. All of her cousins and family came over for her birthday dinner. She got lots of fun presents from everyone and mom spoiled her with a princess cake. Here are some fun pictures from her special day.


She is so cute! I can't believe she is already four! We found this video of her when she was really young and this is what I think of when I think of Katelyn. Thanks to Grandma we have this precious video that she took while baby sitting so we could go on a date.



(Notice we had a little snow fall that morning...) Poor Katelyn, she always seems to have a wintery birthday even though it is sometimes warmer days before.


I was so excited, I just had to take a picture of her french braid. Her hair is finally long enough to do it so I couldn't resist.


Here she is opening her first big present for the day...




Brayden was very interested in helping her with all of her new birthday presents...


That afternoon, my brother brought over their blow up castle and the kids had a blast. Their hair was everywhere from the static electricity. It was so funny!







So Katelyn is really into the Disney Princesses and since she got all of the dress up dolls for Christmas, I thought she would love to have a Princess castle as her birthday cake. This was a pretty time consuming cake to make, but I had fun doing it!






My brother's little boy stuck his finger into the side of the cake after we sang and that gave me an idea to just let all the kids dig in. We even put the little ones on the table so they could dig in. Needless to say it was fun to watch them all demolish it. They had so much fun. It was pretty funny!



Hannah and Katelyn both have a birthday in February so they shared this one together.



2 comments:

A Happy Family said...

Ahhh... I can't believe she's already FOUR! Sheesh. We must be getting old! :) Thanks for the fun pictures and videos. Hope you guys are doing well.

LittleBrownFamily said...

Four years already! Doesn't that make you feel old? Jeff and I just celebrated our 5th anniversary in December, and Adam will soon be three. It's amazing how time flies, isn't it?

I'm glad you have this blog...though we haven't talked in years, I still think of you often and it's nice to see that you are well and happy. Your children are absolutely darling!
Take care,
~Mary